Dream Dictionary: What Do Flower Dreams Mean?
A “Lovely” Dream Prophecy from a Symbol of Beauty
Many dream experts believe that a flower dream’s meaning depends upon the type of flower in the dream. While there are extenuating circumstances where the type of flower carries a lot of weight, I believe that flower dreams can pretty much ALL be dealt with similarly, regardless of the type of flower it is. Besides, a lot of people don’t know a Daffodil from a Lily!
Personally, I believe that the color of the flower or flowers is of greater significance, but we’ll get to those in a minute.
Like most things, flowers have a lot of different meanings to a lot of different people. They’re symbolic of everything from romance to funerals. We give/receive flowers when we’re in love, when someone is sick, when congratulations are in order, when someone has a baby, when someone has died, when someone has moved into a new home, and to celebrate special occasions such as Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day.
Flowers essentially represent the following:
- An attempt to make things better
Think about it, when we give flowers, we’re letting someone know that we care. We’re attempting to bring beauty into their lives with one of the most universal symbols of beauty: Flowers.
In dreams, if we are giving flowers to another person, it is symbolic of our desire to make something better for someone or to at least let them know we care. We may have done something that we’re seeking forgiveness for or we may simply want to show our love. Only the dreamer will know for certain when it comes to the motivation.
If we receive flowers in the dream, almost always the interpretation is the same: We are looking for love, concern, and for someone to acknowledge us in some way. Many people who feel under-appreciated and taken for granted will dream of receiving flowers.
If the flowers are flowers you associate with funerals or death (usually carnations or black flowers in dreams), the dream interpretation is that you are gravely concerned for someone’s health – possibly even your own. On the other hand, if they’re flowers you’d associate with a newborn baby (usually pink and/or pale blue), you have babies on the brain! Interestingly enough, this could even symbolize kittens or puppies. They’re babies, after all!
If the flowers in the dream indicate a wedding to you (Calla Lilies, white roses, baby’s breath…), the interpretation is that you are either, literally, thinking of a wedding, or you are contemplating a commitment of some sort.
The first things to ask yourself about the flowers in your dream are:
- What do I associate these flowers with? (gardening, love, sickness, funerals, beauty, Valentine’s Day, weddings)
- How did the flowers make me feel in the dream? (comforted, happy, sad, loved)
- What colors do I remember most about the flowers? (pink, red, blue, black, white, yellow, purple…)
The answers to these questions will lead you to your own personal interpretation of your dream.
A few Dream Symbolisms from Flower Dreams:
- Black flowers indicate depression, sadness, disappointment, and even death. Dreams are not prophetic, so don’t jump off the deep end when you read the word death! This simply indicates that death has been on your mind fairly recently – whether you’ve been thinking about your own life, someone who you are worried about, or someone you’ve already lost.
- Blue flowers generally represent something soothing, but they can also be symbolic for a male.
- Red can be symbolic of several emotions. The dreamer must look at how it’s used in the context of the dream (in other words, how did you FEEL in the dream when you saw the red flowers). Red usually symbolizes love, romance, and passion – but it can also represent anger and jealousy.
- Pink usually means romance, flirtation, or girls. However, it can also be symbolic for breasts – breast health, breast cancer, and breasts in general!
- Purple flowers stand for great success – royal success even. If you have purple flowers in your dream, you have success on your mind. You may have also recently achieved something that you feel very proud of.
- Gold, Silver, and Bronze flowers symbolize celebrations. Whether it’s weddings, anniversaries, or other milestones, flowers in these colors mean that you’ve recently had something of great importance on your mind and/or in your life.
- Yellow and/or orange flowers indicate pure joy, cheerfulness, and happiness. Generally when people dream of yellow or orange flowers, it indicates a clear conscience as well as a great mood.
- White flowers usually represent honesty, purity, and love. However, they can also represent a desire to CLEAN something or even someone! White is a highly complex color when it comes to dreams, so you really have to rely on how you felt at the time of the dream.
- Green is generally considered to be symbolic of jealousy or envy. If you dream of green flowers, you may have recently dealt with one of these common emotions.
April 22, 2012 at 23:03:00
I had a dream that a woman was on a porch and she had a purple flower but I had a dangerous vibe from her. She looked at me and offered the flower, (but i never really take it) smelled it again, laughed, and left. I understand that it says the purple flower means success but I was woke up scared. Does this mean something different
June 24, 2012 at 12:56:00
Flower dreams are making happy. It is different from normal dreams. Flower dreams mean happiness is ahead of you.
November 25, 2012 at 09:52:00
My dream was that my childhood sweetheart, now an adult, gave me a white and gold flower. I felt so happy in the dream, but why did I have to wake up? ??
July 14, 2013 at 01:19:00
I had a detailed strange dream yesterday. I went to a n unknown place where some sort of priest are worshiping something. Each one has a pink-yellow lily/lotus flower with a large stem. A priest offers one such flower to me as well. Requests me to participate in worshiping in a spiritual way. Long dream and I remember details. Any thoughts please.
August 8, 2013 at 11:42:00
This came from a friend. She had a dream that she was sick and she handed a red flower to me and told that with that flower I would be able to find the solution for her illness.
Can you find any interpretation for that dream?
August 21, 2013 at 11:10:00
My Dream was I drove up to a Shop I walked into this Shop and there was flowers everywhere from wall to wall, there was table I walked up to set my bag down on it I looked up and seen a lady standing over the head part of a casket then I seen my mother she was smiling looking around and then she looked right in to my eyes and I woke up. I lot my mother 3years ago.
August 26, 2013 at 00:59:00
I had a dream of my dead uncle bringing me flowers saying i dont have long.What does that mean
October 30, 2013 at 21:39:00
I had a dream that was pulling a purple flower bud from the bottom of my feet. Once the bud was pulled from my feet, it opened up to a beautiful flower. Can sometime interpret that for me.
January 31, 2014 at 22:11:00
i had a dream last night that some people i do not know they are giving me flowers and i was wearing a gown and crying when i received those flowers, some are taking me pictures and many people watching me.
February 15, 2014 at 20:17:00
Tel me if a man u love gives u flowe in d dream what is the meanin
February 17, 2014 at 13:00:00
I had a dream last night that there was a vase with beautiful flowers in it. The vase was on the back of the table. When I saw the flowers I wanted to put them in the middle of the table so that they could be seen. They were beautiful red flowers, I dont know the type. I looked at the flowers and then I moved them again, to a table where the sunlight could shine on them. Then I was content with where they were placed. I remember having a good feeling when I looked at the flowers there. What does this dream mean?
March 28, 2014 at 09:04:00
I had a dream about my friends dead mom and a exboy friend and him giving me purple carnasions what does it mean
June 30, 2014 at 21:49:00
I dreamed of white flower in my neighbors yard, what does this mean
August 12, 2014 at 14:34:00
I also forgot to mention there was a lot of green in the garden as well, like vines and shrubs even extended patches of clovers. These clovers only appeared before the two anonymous people arrived, and only after I crushed the pink flower.
December 10, 2014 at 11:09:00
I dreamnt I received a bowl shaped bouquet of white &- red Tulip-like flowers.
The bouquet was all white with one red Tulip stuck off center. Although I could not see the person that sent them (of which I am VERY fond of), I sensed his presence and knew he was in another room of the house (which was by the way my fathers home).
The sensations generated throughout the dream was happiness and love.
Any clues as to what this may mean?
April 20, 2015 at 11:08:00
I dreamed red flower petals was raining down on me. I looked up and could only see more red petals
raining down. In my dream I had a feeling of euphoria and peace. What does this mean?
April 21, 2017 at 00:07:05
My sister dreamt about our dead mother , that she came for her and took her in a field full of white flowers and held her from the hand and was going rounf and round.
The next day mybsister went to hospital and was diagnosed with cancer ? could the dream meant something ?
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.