Dream Dictionary: Dreams Beginning with B
Baby. Babies usually represent something personal and precious to the dreamer. This may, or may not be, an actually person or animal. The baby in the dream can represent anything from a car or fishing boat to a diamond ring or home. Today, it’s very common for people to refer to possessions as babies. For example, who hasn’t heard a young person point to their car and say, “That’s my baby!”
Babies can also be dream symbols for expectations… for obvious reasons.
Backseats. The Backseat can carry several dream interpretations. It actually depends on how you FELT during your dream. If you felt very happy and possibly even romantic or aroused, the symbolism is that of pleasure (think of fun backseat activities!). If you feel anxious or annoyed – the symbolism is that of “backseat driving.” There’s a situation currently that you’d love to take control of and feel that you’d do a much better job than the one that’s being done currently!
Bag/Basket. Fascinatingly enough, “containers” such as bags, paper sacks, and baskets symbolize the dreamer’s life. What do you remember about the bag? Was it full or empty? Do you recall thinking that it needed more or needed less? Was the bag cluttered and unorganized? Were you unable to find what you were looking for? Most dreamologists believe that the bag’s contents represent our burdens, however it’s been my experience that the contents can also represent things (and even people) that aren’t burdens at all. IF the dream left you feeling overwhelmed, then – yes, the contents represented burdens. However, if your emotions weren’t negative, the contents simply represent things in your life that you care about – people and things that you “carry” in your heart.
Baking. If you dream that you are baking, it indicates that you have something planned or in the works. This plan or goal is something that you’re looking forward to and you can’t wait to make it happen!
Balloon. Most dream experts believe that dreaming of balloons has to do with risk-taking and, to an extent, this is often the case. We view balloons as carefree – often floating wherever and however they choose. However, is this always the case? A balloon that’s tied to a chair by a rope certainly doesn’t fit this description, does it? That’s why there are different dream scenarios for different balloons:
- A balloon floating freely, high above the earth, would suggest that the dreamer seeks freedom from a particular person, place, thing, or situation. More times than not, this is freedom from a worry or source of stress – bills, an issue at work, a demanding boss/teacher/parent/spouse, health concerns, etc.
- A hot air balloon can symbolize several things to a dreamer. It could symbolize (like the aforementioned balloon) freedom and a carefree feeling the dreamer seeks. It could symbolize a risk the dreamer feels they have taken or may potentially take. Finally, a hot air balloon could very well symbolize “hot air” as in someone who is filled with hot air!
- A balloon tied to a chair, fence, tree, or any stationary object could indicate a wedding (if one is on the dreamer’s mind). If anxiety or negative emotions are connected to the dream, this balloon could also indicate a feeling of being trapped or tied down – either by another person, the dreamer’s own limitations, a place, job, school, etc.
- The color of the balloons is, in my opinion, usually the most important thing about the dream and is where you’ll find the most potent meaning of the dream. See What Do Colors in Dreams Mean to learn more about the color(s) of your balloons.
Baptism. To dream of being Baptized or of witnessing a Baptism indicates the dreamer seeks either forgiveness or cleansing. This could be due to a particular feeling of guilt (even if it’s for something as small as eating the last brownie) or it could even be a case of the dreamer wishing he/she could be “cleansed” or “rid” of a trait they find unpleasant. For example, maybe the dreamer doesn’t like his/her temper. A dream of Baptism would indicate they’ve finally had enough of their temper and are ready to purge it from their life.
While our dreams are normally very, very self-centered and self-motivated, occasionally we will dream about someone else’s life scenario and bad traits. If you clearly recognize the individual being Baptized, you may feel that he/she needs to be cleansed. Better them than you, right?!
Bedroom. To dream of a bedroom can have several interpretations. The main ones are listed below.
- For one thing, it may have very little to do with the actual interpretation. It could be a matter of your brain simply needing a “stage” for its nighttime movie we think of as our dream.
- If romantic feelings are involved, this is a sensual dream indicating strong feelings you have for another. Surprisingly enough, this doesn’t even have to be the individual in the dream – this fact trips some people up but, when it comes to “casting” the roles in its nighttime movies, the brain isn’t very choosy. Often it simply grabs the face of the last person we saw or thought of. Sometimes, to keep things really interesting, it digs way into the past and produces someone we hadn’t thought of if years.
- Dreaming of a bedroom could indicate a need for more rest – physical, emotional, mental, Spiritual OR any combination of the above.
- A bedroom is a place of great privacy and a dream of a bedroom could indicate a desire for more privacy in your life. If the emotions involved in the dream are negative, you may even feel as though your privacy has been invaded.
Beer. If you do not drink beer – whether you want to or not – this beverage in a dream symbolizes things that are “off limits” or even “out of reach” for you. For a young person, this usually means things that they are “too young” for or not “old enough” to do.
For individuals who do drink beer, dreaming of it means taking part in things they enjoy – to excess, even.
Bet. If you dream of betting, you are either looking to take a risk or feel that you recently took a great risk. The emotion you feel in your dream (and often upon waking from the dream) will give you an idea of how you feel about this risk.
Birds. Generally speaking, birds usually represent freedom – freedom from worry, anxiety, stress, work, and (sometimes) having to answer to or for anyone else! We see birds as completely free, without constraints of any kind. There’s nothing to “hold them down” or keep them from being where they want to be. If the bird’s color stands out to you, be sure to find the color on our dream color chart for further interpretation.
Bird Nest. A bird’s nest indicates your home. Many people will dream of a bird’s nest when they’re beginning a home of their own (or a new one). People also often dream of nests when a new baby has come into the family OR when a child “leaves the nest.”
Black. Please see our dream color chart for further interpretation of this color.
Blue. Please see our dream color chart for further interpretation of this color.
Bold. If you dream that you (or others) are uncommonly bold in your dream, you are looking for more boldness from yourself. You know that a situation calls for you to be bolder than you normally would be.
Box. A lot of the dream’s interpretation depends upon what is or isn’t in the box. If the box is empty, the dreamer possibly feels that something is missing in their life. They may feel like something isn’t there that should be.
Branch. If you dream of a branch, it most likely indicates that you want to “branch out.” This could mean you wish to challenge yourself in life, in your career, at school, or physically. If you are unhappy in your job, it could indicate that you want to branch out and try something different.
Dreaming of a branch can also mean that you wish to reach out and make amends with someone or reach out to someone you haven’t talked to in quite a while. This, of course, would play off of the phrase “extend an olive branch,” but since most people aren’t entirely sure what an olive branch necessarily looks like, their brain decides that any branch will do!
If the dream involves a storm or great wind, the branch could be the dreamer’s way of reminding himself or herself to “hold on” because rocky days are ahead.
A full box symbolizes contentment and satisfaction.
Breaking Things. If you dream that you accidentally break something, you have probably recently been very frustrated with yourself for something. You may have a bit of guilt or simply be a little down on yourself.
If someone else breaks things, you are possibly annoyed with someone else – it’s worth noting that the person you are “down on” or “upset with” isn’t necessarily the person in the dream who broke something. (please also see “Broken” below)
Broken. Seeing (or finding) something broken in a dream implies the dreamer’s desire to fix something or make something right. This could be a relationship, something physical, or something about themselves they find less than best. (please also see “Breaking Things” above)
Brown. Please see our dream color chart for further interpretation of this color.
Butterfly. The things we associate most with butterflies are freedom, beauty, and fragility. When you dream of a butterfly, the implication involves one of these three things. The fastest way to determine which one is to ask yourself which word you most associate with butterflies. For example, when you hear the word “butterflies,” what do you think of first? This will be where your interpretation lies. If it’s freedom or beauty – you may be looking for more of these wonderful things in your life.
If you associate fragility with them, you may currently feel vulnerable or even fragile. If the butterfly’s color stands out to you, be sure to find the color on our dream color chart for further interpretation.
Buttons. If you dream of a button, or buttons, the dream implies there is something “small” you are thinking about or troubled by. You realize it is small, but you’re troubled by it nonetheless. If the button’s color stands out to you, be sure to find the color on our dream color chart for further interpretation.
If the dream surrounding the button is completely positive and you simply don’t know of any small thing bothering you, the dream meaning is probably as simple as this – you saw something that you found to be particularly “cute” in the hours before the dream. You may have even said, or thought, “… cute as a button.”
A REMINDER: The Dream Dictionary is a very “fluid” section of Dream Prophesy, in that it is forever changing. I add dream symbols and entries to the dictionary regularly and often even “flesh out” or “add to” old entries. Why? Because symbolisms change regularly. If the exact same dreams were experienced in, say 1975 and 2015, the interpretations would be vastly different. Different things symbolize different things over time and, therefore, the meanings change. This is why outdated and “ancient” dream guides are inaccurate.
The only accurate dream dictionary or dream guide is the one frequently updated.